Skip to main content

YUP

Well, I have been wanting to write about the whole Bin Laden thing and my thoughts on that, but I have changed my mind.  Instead, I am choosing to write about a little show deemed Desperate Housewives!  I know, I know, anyone reading this is thinking, "Really?", and I am here to say "YUP!"


I began watching the Desperate Housewives series about a month ago.  It took me so long to give it a chance, but, while browsing through my queue that day, I decided to give the show a shot.  I was very apprehensive about the whole thing; however once I started to watch it, I was hooked.  Murder, mystery, affairs, but with good acting?! A dream come true ;)   Seasons one through three were absolutely engrossing.  The twists and turns were insane, but convincingly so.  I believe I finished those three seasons in about 3 weeks.  Crazy, I know, but I enjoyed these "stories" so much. 

Now I am on season five and I cannot believe that so many people told me they lost interest after the first couple of seasons.  I find the seasons four and five to be even better than the first three.  Perhaps it is their even more blunt use of the ridiculousness of the daytime soap opera, or maybe it is the fact that I know the characters inside and out (goodness, I am sounding pretty lame right about now). It might even be that I need to get a hobby as opposed to watching so much damn TV.  Whatever the reason, I cannot quit watching it.  Whenever I have time between school and work, I am watching this damn show.

So, I know that this is a crazy thing to write about; actually, it is a crazy thing to admit.  It is one thing to enjoy a show you watch once a week, but it is quite another to spend all your time watching that show from episode to episode for the last 2 months.  I guess what I am trying to say is, "Make fun of me all you want, but I dare you to watch the first season of the show and not want to continue on through the rest of the series!".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Ramble on Guns and Mental Health

Recently I have seen more and more posts on social media websites about gun control, the lack there of, or there being too much. The recent shooting at an elementary school in Pennsylvania is an awful tragedy that has happened and many people believe that these kinds of incidents would not happen if guns were not allowed to be in the hands of citizens. I do not know exactly where I stand on the gun issue, but I do know that anyone who is inclined to murder a multitude of people has a mental issue, and I think that society needs to address these issues when related to guns and the well-being of all citizens.

The Heaviest Sword

“Belief is a beautiful armor, but makes for the heaviest sword” – John Mayer             What makes us believe in something? Why do we feel that we must believe in anything? Is there anyone out there who truly believes in nothing?  Or better yet, is there anyone in the world who truly believes in something?              Most children believe in Santa Claus.  I never did.  I pretended to for the sake of my parents, but by the time I was six years old, I told them I didn’t believe in him.  Many of my friends believed in Santa well beyond six years old and I didn’t let them know I knew the truth. I did often wonder how my friends never caught on though. Maybe they did and were just pretending, as to not ruin anyone else’s belief in the magic of good ole St. Nick.

Psi Chi

Today I was inducted into the International Psychology Honor Society! When I first got the email saying because of my academic record and involvement in psychology that I was invited to join this prestigious society I was very elated, but that excitement dwindled away being that the email was received a month or so before the actual ceremony.  However, the induction today brought that feeling back, and with a risk of sounding a bit over confident, I am very proud! With only a year and a half left of my undergraduate career, I am looking forward to applying for jobs and this honor will look fantastic on a resume.  Although I have changed my major to Mass Communications with a focus in Public Relations, I am still minoring in Psychology, and perhaps will even get my bachelors in the psychology field after graduating.  Either way I am extremely humbled and proud to be a member of Psi Chi!