Skip to main content

Sad, but True

Growing up I remember thinking that my friends and I would never change.  We were always going to be friends, we would always know each other, and we would never let anything get in the way of that.  Even though I truly believed that this was the way that life would be, life happened, and certainly did not turn out like I had imagined it would.  I still have contact with most of my school friends thanks to social media, but not nearly as much as I had expected. 



People change. Change is good, change is necessary, but what happens when someone does not change?  I have changed so much in the past twelve years since school, but I know people who have not.  This is very frustrating to me.  I cannot imagine what it would be like to be stuck in the same mindset I was in when I was eighteen.  Why does this happen to some people?  This is a question I have been asking myself recently after realizing one friend in particular is still the same as the were in high school. 


My theory to this question is that these people who do not change, or evolve, are stuck in the past.  For some reason they cannot let go of the past and move on to the future.  I find this to be very sad and frustrating.  I often wonder why this may be.  Perhaps too many drugs were done, or maybe their adult lives have not been what they had hoped and they just want to go back.  I do not have the answer really, but I wish I did.  I hate to see people unhappy, and by not excepting change, or evolving into a different person, these people will never know what it means to be content.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Heaviest Sword

“Belief is a beautiful armor, but makes for the heaviest sword” – John Mayer             What makes us believe in something? Why do we feel that we must believe in anything? Is there anyone out there who truly believes in nothing?  Or better yet, is there anyone in the world who truly believes in something?              Most children believe in Santa Claus.  I never did.  I pretended to for the sake of my parents, but by the time I was six years old, I told them I didn’t believe in him.  Many of my friends believed in Santa well beyond six years old and I didn’t let them know I knew the truth. I did often wonder how my friends never caught on though. Maybe they did and were just pretending, as to not ruin anyone else’s belief in the magic of good ole St. Nick.

The Girl in the Chair

The accident happened about a year ago. The girl didn’t know that she wasn’t supposed to eat the peanut butter that was in the bowl on the counter. The family had been experiencing rodent problems and the mother heard that putting peanut butter on the mouse traps was a good way to catch those little bastards. Just to be sure, she decided that she would mix rat poison in with the peanut butter. Little did she know her eldest daughter would walk into the kitchen while she was out in the garage gathering the mousetraps.

A Ramble on Guns and Mental Health

Recently I have seen more and more posts on social media websites about gun control, the lack there of, or there being too much. The recent shooting at an elementary school in Pennsylvania is an awful tragedy that has happened and many people believe that these kinds of incidents would not happen if guns were not allowed to be in the hands of citizens. I do not know exactly where I stand on the gun issue, but I do know that anyone who is inclined to murder a multitude of people has a mental issue, and I think that society needs to address these issues when related to guns and the well-being of all citizens.